Who are we?
Fragile X Society — BALKANS is a non–governmental and non–profit society established for an indefinite period of time, with the main objective to organize medical education, research activities and health promotion in the field of Fragile X.
The goals of the Society
- Medical education of health professionals in the field of Fragile X,
- Medical education of individuals with the Fragile X,
- Medical education of family of individuals with the Fragile X,
- Research in the fields related to Fragile X,
- Health promotion in the field of Fragile X–associated disorders.
- Promotion of the articles related to Fragile X;
- Organization (alone and/or in collaboration with other organizations) professional meetings, consultations, seminars and other forms of education in the field of Fragile X;
- Publication of books and scientific and health research papers on Fragile X chromosome, in accordance with the law;
- Organization of medical education for health professionals, individuals with Fragile X and their family members in the fields related to the Fragile X chromosome;
- Collaboration with medical institutions (hospitals, clinical centers, etc.), universities, schools, professional associations and other organizations in the country and abroad which are involved in the fields of Fragile X.